After a full day of castle-viewing, walking around, shopping and general gallivanting we needed a hearty French dinner. What better than boeuf bourguignon?
Here is a general recipe, but just follow the pictures really.
- Brown the cubed beef
- Place the beef in a bowl and fry the onion in the juices until they have browned
- Add the beef to the onions
- Add about a table spoon of flour while stirring
- Add chopped vegetables (we used mushrooms and carrots)
- Add herbs and spices of your choice (mixed herbs is fine) and salt and pepper if needed
- Pour in about 2 cups of red wine (depending on how watery you want it)
- Optional: add some shredded ham
- Boil softly under a lid for 1.5 hours, checking on it every now and then